chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list Instagram wants you to stop touching koalas
Author
Instagram wants you to stop touching koalas #1
"The Facebook (FB, Tech30)-owned company announced it is adding content warnings to selfies that include wildlife, such as tigers and koalas, when certain hashtags are used."

Apparently Instagram doesn't want you to "mistreat" animals, "the daily contact with humans can be traumatic."
You can read more about it here.

I really don't understand why they can't just put something in their policy saying that they don't want you to interact/interfere with the animals.
What do you think about it?
I shorten URL's using goo.gl to track clicks.

RE: Instagram wants you to stop touching koalas #2
(12-06-2017, 03:39 PM)Synthx Wrote: Apparently Instagram doesn't want you to "mistreat" animals, "the daily contact with humans can be traumatic."

A couple of questions for Instagram:

In what sense Is adoring the animal "mistreating" It?
What negative Impact does "the daily contact with humans" have on their wildlife? Stress, depression? I've yet to speak with a tiger or koala who's Informed me of either (lol).

If they can back their claims on solid grounds, I'll stand corrected.

[+] 1 user Likes mothered's post

RE: Instagram wants you to stop touching koalas #3
(12-07-2017, 07:04 AM)mothered Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 03:39 PM)Synthx Wrote: Apparently Instagram doesn't want you to "mistreat" animals, "the daily contact with humans can be traumatic."

A couple of questions for Instagram:

In what sense Is adoring the animal "mistreating" It?
What negative Impact does "the daily contact with humans" have on their wildlife? Stress, depression? I've yet to speak with a tiger or koala who's Informed me of either (lol).

If they can back their claims on solid grounds, I'll stand corrected.

This sort of BS is common with Facebook. They have their extremist liberal views and they're forcing everyone to live by them if they want to use their platform. I posted in the discord a couple days ago because FB wouldn't let me send a screenshot to a friend (likely because the subtitles had the word "virginity" in it), but FB has gone public in requesting people send them nudes of themselves.
I will keep that list up to date at all times. Check often for new materials!

RE: Instagram wants you to stop touching koalas #4
(12-07-2017, 08:05 AM)phyrrus9 Wrote: This sort of BS is common with Facebook. They have their extremist liberal views and they're forcing everyone to live by them if they want to use their platform. I posted in the discord a couple days ago because FB wouldn't let me send a screenshot to a friend (likely because the subtitles had the word "virginity" in it), but FB has gone public in requesting people send them nudes of themselves.

This Is one of many reasons why I don't deal with social media, particularly FB. I can't fathom how users disclose their personal Info at the entire globe's disposal. Ridiculous to say the least. There Is a thread here on FB's policy on nude Images.

Here's an Interesting article from The Pirate Bay's co-founder Peter Sunde and his views on Mark Zuckerberg: http://nordic.businessinsider.com/pirate...d-2017-10/

Back on topic, given Instagram was taken over by Facebook In 2012, this sort of garbage doesn't surprise me.

[+] 1 user Likes mothered's post

RE: Instagram wants you to stop touching koalas #5
(12-07-2017, 10:18 AM)mothered Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 08:05 AM)phyrrus9 Wrote: This sort of BS is common with Facebook. They have their extremist liberal views and they're forcing everyone to live by them if they want to use their platform. I posted in the discord a couple days ago because FB wouldn't let me send a screenshot to a friend (likely because the subtitles had the word "virginity" in it), but FB has gone public in requesting people send them nudes of themselves.

This Is one of many reasons why I don't deal with social media, particularly FB. I can't fathom how users disclose their personal Info at the entire globe's disposal. Ridiculous to say the least. There Is a thread here on FB's policy on nude Images.

Here's an Interesting article from The Pirate Bay's co-founder Peter Sunde and his views on Mark Zuckerberg: http://nordic.businessinsider.com/pirate...d-2017-10/

Back on topic, given Instagram was taken over by Facebook In 2012,  this sort of garbage doesn't surprise me.

Article is spot on.. I can't stand the way the tech/internet industry is moving in the US, that's a topic for another time though. This picture says it all
[Image: mark%20zuckerberg.jpg]
I will keep that list up to date at all times. Check often for new materials!

[+] 2 users Like phyrrus9's post