chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library

Upgrade your account to hide advertisements.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list Inori's staff application
Author
Have you fulfilled the listed requirements?
Checked off my last one (the age requirement) in October.

Who are you, what do you do, and how did you find our site?
My name's Inori; I'm a self-taught full-stack web and software developer, Linux systems administrator, metalhead, otaku, gamer, bit of a stoner, and amatuer artist - both musical (guitar and electric bass) and graphics/video.
In terms of work, I'm still in high school but I'm enrolled in co-op at a company that specializes in enterprise software solutions, which is a great chance to learn, practise, and apply my skills.
I found SL a little over two years ago (jeez, it's really been a while) via the shitstorm that was the HackCommunity merge. I still miss the old crew, but I've made some great friendships and connections here.

Do you have previous moderating experience?
Back in the days of yore (aka Minecraft 1.2.x), I owned, co-owned, and moderated a handful of respectably active 24/7 servers. More recently, I was a moderator on a now discontinued modded Rust server. I wouldn't personally count them, but I used to cm a bunch of IRC channels on and off when they were short on staff.

What's the biggest thing you've learned since being on Sinisterly?
I've learned a number of things, but two that I find applicable to my everyday life are these:
  • Even people you've never met face to face can be the ones you look forward to talking to
  • With some effort and a little luck, people can always find a way to connect  - regardless of distance (shoutout to @Master-chan Tongue)
Why would you like to be a staff member on Sinisterly?
SL has been an awesome and welcoming community that has motivated me to keep learning and inspired my creativity for the majority of my developer life. I feel as though I'm obligated to try for any opportunity I can to provide and improve that environment for others.

What would you gain from being a staff member?
Aside from a more direct position to help the community, I hope gain some experience in support and teaching, should the opportunities arise.

What would the community gain from you being staff member?
I'm usually pretty fun, but fairly terse when there are things that to be done or rules to enforce. That said, I hope to contribute more content and promote SL elsewhere, which should help improve the forum's activity.

What's your favorite section on the site?
Tech or Coding.

If you could pick a section to moderate, which would it be?
I'd say coding as it's my specialty, but the activity doesn't really merit dedicated moderation, so I'd want either Anime/Manga or General.

[+] 1 user Likes Inori's post

RE: Inori's staff application #2
(12-10-2016, 04:00 AM)Inori Wrote: What's your favorite section on the site?
Tech or Coding.

If you could pick a section to moderate, which would it be?
I'd say coding as it's my specialty, but the activity doesn't really merit dedicated moderation, so I'd want either Anime/Manga or General.

I really wish @Oni would split up mods into category-based ones.. we all have our specialties and it just seems proper to have a different (and specialized) mod for each category, with maybe 1 smod to handle the serious shit.. I think you'd make a decent coding mod, and I'd vote for that; however I can't really gauge how well you work with other topics or the enormous trolling that gets handed to smods, so I can't say I'm with you there yet.
Reverse Engineering Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3
Language Parsing  Series | Inspiration

[+] 2 users Like phyrrus9's post

RE: Inori's staff application #3
Wow. What a try hard. If you don't get staff with this MLA essay, I don't know who will.

RE: Inori's staff application #4
(12-10-2016, 04:25 AM)pvnk Wrote: Wow. What a try hard.

Says the guy who applied twice Tongue

RE: Inori's staff application #5
At this point, I could probably think of one other member "possibly" suited to the role (It's not me and I'm not saying who).

A perfect candidate for the role.
You have my best, good luck.

RE: Inori's staff application #6
Thank you for your application - It seems to be one of the better staff applications by far.
The decision is ultimately up to Oni and I wish you the best of luck!
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

RE: Inori's staff application #7
(12-10-2016, 04:34 AM)Inori Wrote:
(12-10-2016, 04:25 AM)pvnk Wrote: Wow. What a try hard.

Says the guy who applied twice Tongue

I'll bet both my applications took less than half the time that you put in this one.

RE: Inori's staff application #8
(12-10-2016, 04:12 AM)phyrrus9 Wrote: I really wish @Oni would split up mods into category-based ones..
I like this idea and it would be a good change in my opinion.

(12-10-2016, 04:00 AM)Inori Wrote: I found SL a little over two years ago (jeez, it's really been a while) via the shitstorm that was the HackCommunity merge. I still miss the old crew, but I've made some great friendships and connections here.

Wow glad to know you ended here through the merge with HackCommunity, that merge was the reason i joined here first time .

Now on topic: wish you good luck @Inori , am sur you'll do a good job moderating the forum if you get the chance .

RE: Inori's staff application #9
(12-10-2016, 03:07 PM)Vi-Sion Wrote: Wow glad to know you ended here through the merge with HackCommunity, that merge was the reason i joined here first time .

I got here from HC too! Tongue

Inori's always been one of the most active/friendliest members. I'm sure he would make a good mod, too.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2016, 08:59 PM by insidious.)
[Image: pBD38Xq.png]
Email: insidious@protonmail.ch

[+] 1 user Likes insidious's post

RE: Inori's staff application #10
(12-10-2016, 03:07 PM)Vi-Sion Wrote: Wow glad to know you ended here through the merge with HackCommunity, that merge was the reason i joined here first time .

(12-10-2016, 08:58 PM)insidious Wrote: I got here from HC too! Tongue

Wait, whaaat? What were your usernames? I'm sure I'd remember you if you were active.