chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
The Discord has been disabled - read about it here, check out our IRC here, and if you're upgraded check here.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

filter_list Important - Discord Disabled
Author
(02-08-2019, 10:29 AM)Zador Wrote: Huh, Curious.
So, Their support still hasn't replied (20 hours or something)
But i tried the phone verification again and even tho it said "Invalid Verification Code" It let me back inside. Whether this is temporary or not i don't know. But like, They either fixed my problem without telling me or it bugged out.

Perhaps I'm missing the obvious, but what exactly are you referring to?
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

RE: Important - Discord Disabled #42
(02-08-2019, 11:05 AM)mothered Wrote: Perhaps I'm missing the obvious, but what exactly are you referring to?

Ah, My apologies for not explaining correctly.

So, 2 days ago i created an alt account to talk to a few sketchy people who i didn't want knowing my main account.
Think of it as a separate account for business.
Strangely, Upon creation Discord asked me to verify the alt with a phone number.
Which i did, And it let me in. Everything seemed fine until. . . 5 minutes later it signed me out of my main account and asked for phone confirmation.
Now, Mind you. I already had the phone linked to my main.
When i put in my phone number (same one i used for the alt) It said that the phone number was already used on an account.
So i realized my mistake and messaged their support. After 6 hours of waiting time they told me that the system triggered correctly and i'd have to wait an unspecified amount of time to use my phone number on my main again. I messaged them back still trying to address the problem and frankly i was a little upset that they didn't seem to fully read my support ticket. After 22 hours of no response i tried to use my phone number for the verification again, And now. . . It went through.

Their system is either buggy as fuck. Or their support "fixed my issue" without informing me. Which is pretty unprofessional but alright.
Or the timeout was ridiculously short? Which i read up on and apparently timeouts are usually longer than 9 days
Idk, Happy to have my account back tho.
Still, Fuck Discord and their shitty support and ToS/Guidelines.
[Image: aiHErfr.jpg]

RE: Important - Discord Disabled #43
(02-08-2019, 11:57 AM)Zador Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 11:05 AM)mothered Wrote: Perhaps I'm missing the obvious, but what exactly are you referring to?

So, 2 days ago i created an alt account to talk to a few sketchy people who i didn't want knowing my main account.
Strangely, Upon creation Discord asked me to verify the alt with a phone number.
Which i did, And it let me in. Everything seemed fine until. . . 5 minutes later it signed me out of my main account and asked for phone confirmation.
When i put in my phone number (same one i used for the alt) It said that the phone number was already used on an account.
So i realized my mistake and messaged their support. After 6 hours of waiting time they told me that the system triggered correctly and i'd have to wait an unspecified amount of time to use my phone number on my main again. I messaged them back still trying to address the problem and frankly i was a little upset that they didn't seem to fully read my support ticket. After 22 hours of no response i tried to use my phone number for the verification again, And now. . . It went through.

Their system is either buggy as fuck. Or their support "fixed my issue" without informing me. Which is pretty unprofessional but alright.
Or the timeout was ridiculously short? Which i read up on and apparently timeouts are usually longer than 9 days

All good, no need to apologize.

Discord's customer service/support, has significantly declined over the years. In fact, pathetic. They decided to abruptly ban this board's account, without providing a justifiable reason. I'm glad we've opted for IRC.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

RE: Important - Discord Disabled #44
(02-08-2019, 11:57 AM)Zador Wrote:

that true I hate their guidelines.
My IT skills that I know perfect is SQL, HTML ,css ,wordpress, PHP.
coding skills that I know is Java, JavaScript and C#

RE: Important - Discord Disabled #45
(12-21-2018, 12:47 PM)Oni Wrote:
Important - Discord Disabled

Discord has disabled my account and our server, without providing justification. I've attempted to contact them to appeal the decision and for further information, but have been unsuccessful so far. I'm giving them time to respond before I decide what we will do in the future. I've attached the relevant emails below for transparency. I've since followed up requesting information and contacted a couple of their staff members. This is very disappointing, as we've been partnered with them for quite some time.

If you were VIP or staff on our Discord, check this thread.

Spoiler:
Oni Wrote:Hi, my Discord account was disabled for "promoting or encouraging
illegal activity including hacking, cracking or the distribution of
pirated software, cheats or hacks". None of which I actually
participated in.

Because we were partnered, I'd like the opportunity to
appeal this decision, as I believe it was made in mistake. While my site
does allow discussion of hacking, we only promote the ethical kind, and
we've ensured that no illegal discussion takes place on your platform or
our forum.

Discord Wrote:Hello,

Based on the results of our investigation, this is a permanent action and we will not be reinstating the account.

Sincerely,
Discord Trust & Safety Team

More information on the Discord situation:
https://sinister.ly/Thread-Important-Dis...lternative (Discussion of Alternatives)
https://sinister.ly/Thread-Important-VIP-Discord (Upgraded Only)

Sorry for the inconvenience.
If you have any questions or concerns, message me or post below.

BIG FUCK TO DISCORD

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...
SaMoo7 was Here
[Image: 5896712029a8939ca2952e60b3806a134df07503...a87583.jpg]

RE: Important - Discord Disabled #46
(02-13-2019, 06:31 PM)SaMoo7 Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 12:47 PM)Oni Wrote:
Important - Discord Disabled

Discord has disabled my account and our server, without providing justification. I've attempted to contact them to appeal the decision and for further information, but have been unsuccessful so far. I'm giving them time to respond before I decide what we will do in the future. I've attached the relevant emails below for transparency. I've since followed up requesting information and contacted a couple of their staff members. This is very disappointing, as we've been partnered with them for quite some time.

If you were VIP or staff on our Discord, check this thread.

Spoiler:
Oni Wrote:Hi, my Discord account was disabled for "promoting or encouraging
illegal activity including hacking, cracking or the distribution of
pirated software, cheats or hacks". None of which I actually
participated in.

Because we were partnered, I'd like the opportunity to
appeal this decision, as I believe it was made in mistake. While my site
does allow discussion of hacking, we only promote the ethical kind, and
we've ensured that no illegal discussion takes place on your platform or
our forum.

Discord Wrote:Hello,

Based on the results of our investigation, this is a permanent action and we will not be reinstating the account.

Sincerely,
Discord Trust & Safety Team

More information on the Discord situation:
https://sinister.ly/Thread-Important-Dis...lternative (Discussion of Alternatives)
https://sinister.ly/Thread-Important-VIP-Discord (Upgraded Only)

Sorry for the inconvenience.
If you have any questions or concerns, message me or post below.

BIG FUCK TO DISCORD

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

very true. lol nice one to say about discord.
My IT skills that I know perfect is SQL, HTML ,css ,wordpress, PHP.
coding skills that I know is Java, JavaScript and C#