chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
The Discord has been disabled - read about it here, check out our IRC here, and if you're upgraded check here.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list Important - Discord Disabled
Author
Important - Discord Disabled

Discord has disabled my account and our server, without providing justification. I've attempted to contact them to appeal the decision and for further information, but have been unsuccessful so far. I'm giving them time to respond before I decide what we will do in the future. I've attached the relevant emails below for transparency. I've since followed up requesting information and contacted a couple of their staff members. This is very disappointing, as we've been partnered with them for quite some time.

If you were VIP or staff on our Discord, check this thread.

Spoiler:
Oni Wrote:Hi, my Discord account was disabled for "promoting or encouraging
illegal activity including hacking, cracking or the distribution of
pirated software, cheats or hacks". None of which I actually
participated in.

Because we were partnered, I'd like the opportunity to
appeal this decision, as I believe it was made in mistake. While my site
does allow discussion of hacking, we only promote the ethical kind, and
we've ensured that no illegal discussion takes place on your platform or
our forum.

Discord Wrote:Hello,

Based on the results of our investigation, this is a permanent action and we will not be reinstating the account.

Sincerely,
Discord Trust & Safety Team

More information on the Discord situation:
https://sinister.ly/Thread-Important-Dis...lternative (Discussion of Alternatives)
https://sinister.ly/Thread-Important-VIP-Discord (Upgraded Only)

Sorry for the inconvenience.
If you have any questions or concerns, message me or post below.
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Steam: Oni | SL (Add)

RE: Important - Discord Disabled #2
Quote:Based on the results of our Investigation

Very poor In how they've handled the matter. What "results" Is their Investigation based on? I'd be requesting a full/detailed report of the Investigation and cross-check the grounds on which the account was disabled, against the activity on the server.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

RE: Important - Discord Disabled #3
(12-21-2018, 03:14 PM)mothered Wrote:

Very poor In how they've handled the matter. What "results" Is their Investigation based on? I'd be requesting a full/detailed report of the Investigation and cross-check the grounds on which the account was disabled, against the activity on the server.

I've already requested further information, of which they have yet to provide. We'll see what happens (if anything).

RE: Important - Discord Disabled #4
(12-21-2018, 03:28 PM)Oni Wrote:
(12-21-2018, 03:14 PM)mothered Wrote:

I've already requested further information, of which they have yet to provide. We'll see what happens (if anything).

Fingers crossed they reverse their decision but to be quite truthful, I don't see It happening.

RE: Important - Discord Disabled #5
Really hoping that Discord reverts that decision especially considering the SL server was sponsored in the past. Really screwy thing for them to do but hopefully it'll get reinstated. I never really used the Discord much but its still infuriating that they did that.

Here's hoping!
You can find me on Keybase
"Reach the state of ubiquity, and you will be in control"
Student, Technician, Designer, and more.
[Image: 8y6vps.png]

RE: Important - Discord Disabled #6
(12-21-2018, 08:08 PM)zorrophreak Wrote: Really hoping that Discord reverts that decision especially considering the SL server was sponsored in the past. Really screwy thing for them to do but hopefully it'll get reinstated. I never really used the Discord much but its still infuriating that they did that.

Here's hoping!

It's a shame because they could have at least warned us, or communicated with us, and we could have made changes. I have no information, so I'm not sure what happened. To my knowledge, after speaking with staff/Prestige, there was no illegal content being discussed on the forum or Discord around the time of the ban.

RE: Important - Discord Disabled #7
If they're saying something illegal happened, surely the owner/admin should have a right to know? I think it's disgusting how they've handled this and sincerely hope we hear back from them properly.
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

RE: Important - Discord Disabled #8
They definitely have poor management skills. Anyhow hope it gets resolved soon. Smile
[Image: j44MzuT.png]

[+] 1 user Likes 413's post

RE: Important - Discord Disabled #9
dam discord why they do this to lots of people

RE: Important - Discord Disabled #10
(12-21-2018, 08:15 PM)Jiggly Wrote: If they're saying something illegal happened, surely the owner/admin should have a right to know?

I couldn't agree more.

Their reason for the account's closure (or should I say, lack of) Is based on the following:
Quote:Based on the results of our investigation, this is a permanent action

This tells me absolutely nothing as to "why" the account has been disabled. Without any forewarning, they've decided to terminate the account- with no justification whatsoever. Appalling to say the least.