chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library

Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord!
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I feel like we need more groups. filter_list
Author
(08-09-2017, 08:01 AM)Ender Wrote: "Your posts must also be legible, have decent grammar, and be in English." - The Rules
However, someone who is still learning English (@Mr.Kurd), is much better than someone who is too lazy to type properly.

Agree.

In my views, @Mr.Kurd's grammar Is decent enough to be understood In a legible manner, hence In compliance with forum rules.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

[+] 1 user Likes mothered's post

RE: I feel like we need more groups. #32
(08-11-2017, 07:41 AM)mothered Wrote:
(08-09-2017, 08:01 AM)Ender Wrote: "Your posts must also be legible, have decent grammar, and be in English." - The Rules
However, someone who is still learning English (@Mr.Kurd), is much better than someone who is too lazy to type properly.

Agree.

In my views, @Mr.Kurd's grammar Is decent enough to be understood In a legible manner, hence In compliance with forum rules.

I agree, but I couldn't think of any better examples.

It has improved noticeably from when I first joined though.

(11-02-2018, 02:51 AM)Skullmeat Wrote: Ok, there no real practical reason for doing this, but that's never stopped me.

[+] 2 users Like Blink's post

RE: I feel like we need more groups. #33
What I find better and what past forums have done is when 10 groups have been purchased, those are the only groups that exist for the entirety of the forum. They can be sold, resold, bought, renamed, etc. But that comes at a fee. And they are all that exist.
minimalist and flat designer

RE: I feel like we need more groups. #34
(09-13-2017, 06:16 AM)Luxury Wrote: What I find better and what past forums have done is when 10 groups have been purchased, those are the only groups that exist for the entirety of the forum. They can be sold, resold, bought, renamed, etc. But that comes at a fee. And they are all that exist.

But we don't need 10 random groups.
[Image: oAqtc2l.png]

RE: I feel like we need more groups. #35
(09-13-2017, 10:10 AM)Skryptec Wrote:
(09-13-2017, 06:16 AM)Luxury Wrote: What I find better and what past forums have done is when 10 groups have been purchased, those are the only groups that exist for the entirety of the forum. They can be sold, resold, bought, renamed, etc. But that comes at a fee. And they are all that exist.

I actually see where he's going with that. 10 might be too high, but he's saying that X groups are initially created, and that's it. Groups become an exclusive thing, so the prices for them can skyrocket. The site takes 50% of the sale or whatever.

RE: I feel like we need more groups. #36
(09-13-2017, 10:43 AM)phyrrus9 Wrote:

I actually see where he's going with that. 10 might be too high, but he's saying that X groups are initially created, and that's it. Groups become an exclusive thing, so the prices for them can skyrocket. The site takes 50% of the sale or whatever.

To prevent there being too many groups, I have generally raised the price of each additional group. I have also purged groups that aren't being utilized.
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Discord: Oni#6099
Steam: Oni | SL (Add)

RE: I feel like we need more groups. #37
(09-13-2017, 10:43 AM)phyrrus9 Wrote:

Not to bring up other forums but yes, other sites do 20% fees of the total cost of the group. Sinisterly is fortunately a lot cheaper than most usergroups. The going rate on other forums is around ~$1000 and not in the $200 range. The forum isn't big enough for 10 usergroups but having groups be exclusive could greatly increase their quality. And overall stature in a forum community.
minimalist and flat designer

RE: I feel like we need more groups. #38
What are the requirements activity wise for groups? What I'd I decided to purchase a group and not allow anyone else in? Make it simply for a custom user bar and name Color for my self?

On that note why do you not allow us to buy a user bar we can customize off a site template? That would be dope in my opinion @Oni
@Skullmeat @phyrrus9 @Bish0pQ @mr.kurd and @ender are my best friends on SL

RE: I feel like we need more groups. #39
(09-13-2017, 09:22 PM)Slacker Wrote: What are the requirements activity wise for groups? What I'd I decided to purchase a group and not allow anyone else in? Make it simply for a custom user bar and name Color for my self?
It'd be the same as having an inactive group kinda as all it's doing is giving yourself a userbar.

Quote:On that note why do you not allow us to buy a user bar we can customize off a site template? That would be dope in my opinion @Oni
Would be a neat idea, however it could become confusing for new users seeing all these userbars(if they were popular, I guess just make them expensive).

RE: I feel like we need more groups. #40
I gurantee if he were to only sell ten on them, initial sale at $20 and increase by $ or $10 each sale he would sell quick as hell. It would be a limited once in a life time thing... Exclusive to the maximum...
(@Oni if you decide to do this hook it up for the brilliant idea lol)
@Skullmeat @phyrrus9 @Bish0pQ @mr.kurd and @ender are my best friends on SL