chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord!
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list I feel like we need more groups.
Author
As the title says, I feel like we need more groups on SL.
I would like it if Oni made groups to be available to buy for NSP, only for a limited amount of time.
I feel like when you keep banning the groups, the more people get "Shook", and then nobody wants to buy 'em anymore.
But if you made groups be NSP, more people would buy, and more people would join SL, because of the fact that they invite their friends.
Even if the group gets banned, they won't even be inactive on SL anymore, they'd find more groups, and invite friends.
It would keep going on like that.
Wink
[Image: hJkWWcF.png]

RE: I feel like we need more groups. #2
I like the idea but I would also make it so the person would have to reach a certain upgrade point (like Platinum) in order for this be of any real use, otherwise it will become spam central with newbs farming NSP.
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2017, 10:30 PM by Ecks.)
[Image: tm06mQ3.gif]
If my threads help you feel free to Like and Rep
Keybase | https://keybase.io/ecks  ProtonMail | n3r0nu77@protonmail.com  Steam | Nu77v47u3  Discord | Ecks#2162

[+] 1 user Likes Ecks's post

RE: I feel like we need more groups. #3
You already can buy NSP from here https://sinister.ly/newpoints.php?action...asecredits

But if you are talking about something totally different then my apologies.

RE: I feel like we need more groups. #4
(05-27-2017, 11:43 PM)SxTxN Wrote: You already can buy NSP from here https://sinister.ly/newpoints.php?action...asecredits

1. That is unrelated
2. The buy buttons on that page do not work.
3. @Oni should get rid of that useless page.

(11-02-2018, 02:51 AM)Skullmeat Wrote: Ok, there no real practical reason for doing this, but that's never stopped me.

[+] 3 users Like Blink's post

RE: I feel like we need more groups. #5
(05-27-2017, 11:57 PM)Ender Wrote:
(05-27-2017, 11:43 PM)SxTxN Wrote: You already can buy NSP from here https://sinister.ly/newpoints.php?action...asecredits

1. That is unrelated
2. The buy buttons on that page do not work.
3. @Oni should get rid of that useless page.

Including the upgrade page, if he isn't accepting PayPal then he should remove it from there.

@Oni

[+] 1 user Likes SxTxN's post

RE: I feel like we need more groups. #6
I'm buying a group soon. Will be releasing details after I actually bought it. I do not think that groups should be bought with NSP. Groups should be rare, and the money can help @Oni to pay server costs, domain etc...

Too many groups wouldn't be good in my opinion. We should try raise activity of the groups we have first. In my opinion Otaku is the group with most (visible) activity here.
[Image: 5u8rTPk.jpg]
Click image to go to my website, it has been updated!

[+] 2 users Like Bish0pQ's post

RE: I feel like we need more groups. #7
(05-28-2017, 09:11 PM)Bish0pQ Wrote: Too many groups wouldn't be good in my opinion. We should try raise activity of the groups we have first. In my opinion Otaku is the group with most (visible) activity here.

^ This

100 groups without quality is worse than 0.

(11-02-2018, 02:51 AM)Skullmeat Wrote: Ok, there no real practical reason for doing this, but that's never stopped me.

RE: I feel like we need more groups. #8
We've actually lowered requirements for groups, because I don't enjoy babysitting them. A number of people messaged me interested in buying but never did.
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Steam: Oni | SL (Add)

[+] 1 user Likes Oni's post

RE: I feel like we need more groups. #9
Groups are still a thing?!?
Why can't people just post in a sub forum for everyone to see and take thier special post / convos to a inbox or message app?
@Skullmeat @phyrrus9 @Bish0pQ @mr.kurd and @ender are my best friends on SL

RE: I feel like we need more groups. #10
(05-28-2017, 09:11 PM)Bish0pQ Wrote: I'm buying a group soon. Will be releasing details after I actually bought it. I do not think that groups should be bought with NSP. Groups should be rare, and the money can help @Oni to pay server costs, domain etc...

Too many groups wouldn't be good in my opinion. We should try raise activity of the groups we have first. In my opinion Otaku is the group with most (visible) activity here.

This is true. While SL is non-profit, real money from purchasing groups greatly helps billing costs for the site. Also, when people spend their real money, it usually means they are more serious about the group. Banning groups is a less common occurrence than you'd think.

To potential future group owners: It is important to monitor group activity and to have a group focus that's self sustainable. For example, Otaku has been around a long time, but new anime and manga shows are released all the time, so it's rare for group members to run out of things to talk about. Keep that in mind.
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Jiggly-chan's post