chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library

Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord!
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to hide your important files from people without making Hidden folders filter_list
Author
RE: How to hide your important files from people without making Hidden folders #11
(08-28-2013, 11:11 AM)OversouL Wrote:
(08-28-2013, 12:10 AM)Chaos Wrote: Most friends that want to use my laptop or computer will go to IE right away. lol.

Anyways, it's a cool trick. Thanks for sharing.

Lol, why would they use IE? Aren't they familiar with new faster browsers?

Nope. The average user still flocks to IE.
"If you look for the light, you can often find it. But if you look for the dark, that is all you will ever see.”

RE: How to hide your important files from people without making Hidden folders #12
That's clever. Not like anyone wants to open up Internet Explorer.

RE: How to hide your important files from people without making Hidden folders #13
Lmao, it's funny but it's likely to work concerning the fact IE is so slow and shit.
Thanks OP

RE: How to hide your important files from people without making Hidden folders #14
but my mom likes to use Internet Explorer ;-;

RE: How to hide your important files from people without making Hidden folders #15
(08-28-2013, 09:33 PM)Flippy Wrote: but my mom likes to use Internet Explorer ;-;

Try making fun of her, why she uses IE instead of chrome or mozilla. Worked with my mom now she uses chrome only. XD
[Image: dHJ4Beo.gif]
Hidden Lesson: Reactions are always instinctive whereas responses are always well thought of.

RE: How to hide your important files from people without making Hidden folders #16
Absolutely awesome xD. Cannot believe I didn't think of something like this. Awesome share! Smile

~G~
[Image: sasuke_akatsuki_robes_by_giiinger-d6gy0yi.png]

RE: How to hide your important files from people without making Hidden folders #17
This will actually work if the people using the device know IE is trash.
I still prefer a 4x encrypted truecrypt drive though.

RE: How to hide your important files from people without making Hidden folders #18
(08-27-2013, 03:01 PM)OversouL Wrote: Don't think this is a joke. You never will know if this is effective until you try it. B)

Steps:
  1. Go to your Desktop and create a new folder
  2. Name the folder Internet Explorer
  3. Change the folder icon to Internet Explorer
  4. Keep it in a corner of the desktop
  5. Enjoy your files hidden
No thanks necessary folks. I'm just here to help. :thumb-up:

Why don't you improve that method by creating a hidden folder in the folder you created and hide you goodies in that hidden folder.
If someone happens to click on the icon they don't stumble across all your loot they just open a folder.

RE: How to hide your important files from people without making Hidden folders #19
man, i love you, that really works

RE: How to hide your important files from people without making Hidden folders #20
I wouldn't use this for hiding important files, I'd use it to hide my nudes.