chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list How do I DoS a Tor site (So far what I used)
Author
How do I DoS a Tor site (So far what I used) #1
#!/usr/bin/env bash
URL="http://s5q54hfww56ov2xc.onion/"
torsocks curl -s $URL >/dev/null 2>/dev/null
if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
   echo "[+] $URL is online"
else
   echo "[-] $URL is offline"
fi

root@kali:~# wget http://s5q54hfww56ov2xc.onion/
--2018-05-14 18:43:52--  http://s5q54hfww56ov2xc.onion/
Resolving s5q54hfww56ov2xc.onion (s5q54hfww56ov2xc.onion)... failed: Name or service not known.
wget: unable to resolve host address ‘s5q54hfww56ov2xc.onion’
root@kali:~# xlear
bash: xlear: command not found
root@kali:~# clear
root@kali:~# #!/usr/bin/env bash
root@kali:~# URL="http://s5q54hfww56ov2xc.onion/"
root@kali:~# torsocks curl -s $URL >/dev/null 2>/dev/null
root@kali:~# if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
>     echo "[+] $URL is online"
> else
>     echo "[-] $URL is offline"
> fi

Guys I went on and the site is still up even though the script says it's not? I didn't write the script
Reddit Source:
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2018, 08:04 PM by Bootlegronin47.)
[Image: its_easy_if_you_try_tn.jpg]

RE: How do I DoS a Tor site (So far what I used) #2
It's probably giving you that because your requests are being blocked by the server.

You can't really DOS a site anymore, it's basically all about exceeding bandwidth limit of the server. That's why most attacks nowadays are DDOS (Distributed Denial of Service), where more devices attack the same website at once. This is much more effective than a regular DOS attack.
[Image: 5u8rTPk.jpg]
Click image to go to my website, it has been updated!

RE: How do I DoS a Tor site (So far what I used) #3
(05-15-2018, 07:54 AM)Bish0pQ Wrote: You can't really DOS a site anymore, it's basically all about exceeding bandwidth limit of the server. That's why most attacks nowadays are DDOS (Distributed Denial of Service), where more devices attack the same website at once. This is much more effective than a regular DOS attack.

This.

Simply put, DDoS will harness the bandwidth of ex-amount of devices to perform a direct attack against the target. Depending on the nature and amount of devices, It can be very effective.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

[+] 1 user Likes mothered's post

RE: How do I DoS a Tor site (So far what I used) #4
What if I want to use my laptop? one device?

RE: How do I DoS a Tor site (So far what I used) #5
(05-16-2018, 09:32 AM)Bootlegronin47 Wrote: What if I want to use my laptop? one device?

Chances that you'll be able to shutdown any website is rather small. If you're really interested in shutting things down, take another approach or try to DoS your router or something.
[Image: 5u8rTPk.jpg]
Click image to go to my website, it has been updated!

RE: How do I DoS a Tor site (So far what I used) #6
(05-15-2018, 07:54 AM)Bish0pQ Wrote: It's probably giving you that because your requests are being blocked by the server.

You can't really DOS a site anymore, it's basically all about exceeding bandwidth limit of the server. That's why most attacks nowadays are DDOS (Distributed Denial of Service), where more devices attack the same website at once. This is much more effective than a regular DOS attack.

That's not quite true. There exists low-bandwidth attacks that exploit the implementation of protocols, some which you may be quite familiar with such as the SYN flood or Slowloris. SYN flooding exploits the the 3-way handshake to flood the TCP stack which disallows any other legitimate connections while Slowloris exploits the way HTTP keep-alive connections are handled. Of course there are mitigations for these dated methods but I don't doubt that there may be other vulnerabilities that have yet to be discovered.

[+] 1 user Likes reGEN's post

RE: How do I DoS a Tor site (So far what I used) #7
(05-16-2018, 10:29 AM)reGEN Wrote: while Slowloris exploits the way HTTP keep-alive connections are handled.

I've performed a few DoS attacks with Slowloris many years ago, and It proved to be pretty effective.

Of course, not any major sites.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

[+] 1 user Likes mothered's post

RE: How do I DoS a Tor site (So far what I used) #8
Is it possible to use slowloris through Tor like Torshammer?

RE: How do I DoS a Tor site (So far what I used) #9
I'm sure there is a few on the net hiding somewhere.
[Image: qPI5ctk.jpg]
Twitter // Mimi // Mimi#1000

RE: How do I DoS a Tor site (So far what I used) #10
(05-18-2018, 01:43 AM)Bootlegronin47 Wrote: Is it possible to use slowloris through Tor like Torshammer?

Not sure how effective Slowloris would be since the conditions for it are quite specific, e.g. the server is running Apache 1.x or 2.x on top of the mitigations which may have been put in place.