chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library

Upgrade your account to hide advertisements.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list How To Secure Your Wi-Fi Network
Author
(05-15-2018, 03:43 AM)SinCara Wrote:
(01-18-2017, 05:23 PM)Pikami Wrote: Don't dissable the SSID transmiting!!!
1. It's easy to find hidden wifi networks
2. Hidden networks are a pain to deal with
3. Not all devices support hidden networks
4. Hiding the Network Leads to Connection Problems
Just use WPA2 and you'll be fine, just make a strong passprase and change it regulary.

Actually, I don't think changing the password regularly for no reason is a good practice at all for wifi networks.
Changing your password regularly, especially since you probably have to share it with others will make you use weaker passwords, intentionally or not.
So just have 1 strong password, and only change it when neccesary., like when your roommate leaves or when you detect a device not your own on the network.

I can agree with that.
[Image: 9H83e18.png]

RE: How To Secure Your Wi-Fi Network #12
(05-15-2018, 03:43 AM)SinCara Wrote: Actually, I don't think changing the password regularly for no reason is a good practice at all for wifi networks.

Agree.

If you have multiple user accounts utilized on a daily basis over the net and on multiple devices (hence the risk of Infection), changing each one every so often Is good practice. Of course, stating the obvious, do not use the same password on more than one account and It must meet a certain complexity requirement.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

RE: How To Secure Your Wi-Fi Network #13
With the routers, most routers are using http. to bypass that and make a secure connection, I would recommend making a vpn tunnel to connect to your 192.168.*.*.

RE: How To Secure Your Wi-Fi Network #14
Thank you for this !!!!!!