Login Register

[Hobby Section] SHTF shotgun filter_list
Author
So, the apocalypse has come, you have access to 12ga shotgun ammunition but cannot obtain a gun for it, you're fucked, right?
Nope, it turns out you can make a completely functional 12ga shotgun in about 10 minutes for about $11 using common items from any hardware store in the country.

NOTE! What I'm about to show you is illegal, you must first obtain permission in order to do this
Here's a copy of my approval
Spoiler:
[Image: NSZjy0d.png]

We've already discussed this gun in I submitted the most ludicrous form 1, but I've never shown a picture of it or explain how it's made. This thread will do that.

First off, let's have a look at the gun as a whole
[Image: zEjK7J3.jpg]

So, what's it made from?
[Image: gexAWUI.jpg]

1. A long piece of 3/4" schedule 40 plumbing pipe
2. A short piece of 1" schedule 40 plumbing pipe
3. A 1" end cap
4. A drywall screw

No really, that's the entire parts list. Because mine is legal, it is also stamped with required markings, and I sanded it to make it slide a little easier. So how does it work?
[Image: U2YtcUA.jpg]
In this image we see the inside of the end cap. At the centerpoint I drilled a small hole, and then I ran the drywall screw in until the head broke off. Then I sanded down the back of it until it was flush (for aesthetics only). On the inside, I simply hit the end of the screw with a blunt object until it was round enough not to puncture the primers, as well as being a proper length.

What other modifications did I make to the components?
As I stated above, I sanded down the outer diameter of both for looks and ease of sliding (DOM tubing like this has a weld line on the inside of the tube that may cause too much resistance).
I also cut the threads off of the 3/4" tube for basically no reason
And then I marked the short tube with the required NFA markings
That's it.

What you have here is a 12ga single shot slam fire shotgun. Pull out the long tube, drop a round in, and when you completely pull the long tube inside of the short one, the round goes off.
Of course, be careful with magnum or high pressure ammo, this is prone to happening.

I did do tests with low pressure ammo, and I was able to easily control it and hit close range (<15yds) targets reliably. I only did 2 high pressure shots, one I could control, the other (as seen in video) was not controlled.

So what is this useful for?
Well right now, nothing other than the bragging rights of owning the stupidest shotgun devised.
In a SHTF situation where you stumble across 12GA ammo but don't have a gun on you, you can probably find the 4 components required to make this gun and make one with relative ease.

RE: [Hobby Section] SHTF shotgun #2
Didn't you send the ATF a blueprint drawn in MS Paint?

You linked it.
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Discord: Oni#3781
XMPP: oniaraara@xmpp.jp
Telegram: oni_sl (Add)
Steam: Oni (Add)

RE: [Hobby Section] SHTF shotgun #3
(10-20-2020, 01:16 AM)Oni Wrote: Didn't you send the ATF a blueprint drawn in MS Paint?

You linked it.

They were just happy to collect $200

RE: [Hobby Section] SHTF shotgun #4
You never know, might come useful in a Red Dawn-type situation.
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Discord: Oni#3781
XMPP: oniaraara@xmpp.jp
Telegram: oni_sl (Add)
Steam: Oni (Add)

RE: [Hobby Section] SHTF shotgun #5
(10-20-2020, 07:00 AM)Oni Wrote: You never know, might come useful in a Red Dawn-type situation.

That was more or less the reason I posted this. Obviously in that kind of scenario, laws are meaningless. Maybe I'll do a quick write up on Form 1 at some point, but it seems like it'd be pretty bland.