chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library

Upgrade your account to hide advertisements.

Having problems with Captchas? We're working on it. Type in "V1 shutdown" or anything else to bypass them.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list Hackers 2 - Operation Takedown
Author
(04-07-2018, 05:48 PM)krMM Wrote: I'm like obsessed with this kind of movies. Biggrin Thank you for this share.

If you get to watch It, I'd be Interested In reading your thoughts.

I've yet to come across someone who hasn't enjoyed It.
One of my favorites that's for sure.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

RE: Hackers 2 - Operation Takedown #12
So, I continued to watch this movie from where I left off, and they try to trace where Mitnick is chatting with a friend, and this is what they do, I just found it kinda funny.

[Image: nSEFlSLRQwCIN-Y5QSH8Hg.png]
#yellowheartsforsarah

RE: Hackers 2 - Operation Takedown #13
(04-13-2018, 03:25 PM)Synthx Wrote: So, I continued to watch this movie from where I left off, and they try to trace where Mitnick is chatting with a friend, and this is what they do, I just found it kinda funny.

[Image: nSEFlSLRQwCIN-Y5QSH8Hg.png]

I remember this scene, It was when Mitnick was In a Telnet session with a user named Jsz.

"Tracing" by pinging an IP?
Enough said.

RE: Hackers 2 - Operation Takedown #14
(04-14-2018, 05:24 AM)mothered Wrote: I remember this scene, It was when Mitnick was In a Telnet session with a user named Jsz.

"Tracing" by pinging an IP?
Enough said.

Even if they just did a traceroute, it'd look a little more appealing.
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2018, 04:20 PM by Synthx.)
#yellowheartsforsarah

RE: Hackers 2 - Operation Takedown #15
Don't forget this was the 90's and internet connection was available only by Modem. Also there is some logic in the ping attempt to get Mitnick. The ISP provide devices that were connected and they ping to check if the ip was alive (This means that a internet connection was established).

1) Scan ISP subnet for all ips
2) Ping them to check who is alive

Well, this section of the forum needs a new hacker movie.
(What about the original?)
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2018, 04:59 PM by hacxx.)
Free and reliable hosting with PHP, MySQL and cPanel for your website - http://bit.ly/2tfcM5t

RE: Hackers 2 - Operation Takedown #16
(04-16-2018, 04:49 PM)hacxx Wrote: The ISP provide devices that were connected and they ping to check if the ip was alive (This means that a internet connection was established).

The problem with that scene, was they said "anyway of tracing"- with "tracing" being the operative word.

Establishing a connection Is one thing, tracing It's origin Is something else.

RE: Hackers 2 - Operation Takedown #17
(04-16-2018, 09:41 PM)mothered Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 04:49 PM)hacxx Wrote: The ISP provide devices that were connected and they ping to check if the ip was alive (This means that a internet connection was established).

The problem with that scene, was they said "anyway of tracing"- with "tracing" being the operative word.

Actually.....there are some fun attacks you can do with that. They should very easily translate to the networking stack. Take a look at how KASLR slides are leaked through TLB caches. It uses a quasi-brute force "does it exist and is it active" methodology paired with a bunch of invalid accesses and compares the errors to each other in order to "triangulate" a specific symbol in a random space. Of course, the second stage of that attack would require something different for TCP, but the idea is still the same.

RE: Hackers 2 - Operation Takedown #18
(04-17-2018, 01:39 AM)phyrrus9 Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 09:41 PM)mothered Wrote:

Actually.....there are some fun attacks you can do with that. They should very easily translate to the networking stack. Take a look at how KASLR slides are leaked through TLB caches. It uses a quasi-brute force "does it exist and is it active" methodology paired with a bunch of invalid accesses and compares the errors to each other in order to "triangulate" a specific symbol in a random space. Of course, the second stage of that attack would require something different for TCP, but the idea is still the same.

Clever.

The movie's depiction of tracing an IP solely via a ping ICMP echo request, couldn't be further from the truth.