chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
The Discord has been disabled - read about it here, check out our IRC here, and if you're upgraded check here.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list HDD Fix help?
Author
(12-31-2018, 07:00 AM)phyrrus9 Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 05:01 AM)Imm0rtal Wrote:
(12-30-2018, 08:35 PM)phyrrus9 Wrote: All the software in the world won't recover corrupted data. If it's just a first sector corruption, then you can delete the old partition table and just recreate it overtop. As long as you don't write any data, and the data was good, this won't erase anything. It's actually the way that you grow or shrink partitions for linux.
What do you mean delete the volume or you mean shrink the volume i can't understand
[Image: jCsk7ho.png]

oh dear god no.....not that

stop using windows for forensic data recovery....it was never designed for that

Can you explain ?

RE: HDD Fix help? #22
(12-31-2018, 07:09 AM)Imm0rtal Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 07:00 AM)phyrrus9 Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 05:01 AM)Imm0rtal Wrote: What do you mean delete the volume or you mean shrink the volume i can't understand
[Image: jCsk7ho.png]

oh dear god no.....not that

You mean use GParted on Linux?

No, I mean use something like fdisk and carefully determining drive sectors. you may even need to simulate or backfill bad sectors. Data recovery with how much you've toyed with it this far is not going to be a GUI tool that you can click a few buttons. you're going to have to figure out what is fucked and what isnt and try to extract what isnt fucked or rebuild the bad stuff into a working drive.

[+] 1 user Likes phyrrus9's post

RE: HDD Fix help? #23
(12-31-2018, 07:29 AM)phyrrus9 Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 07:09 AM)Imm0rtal Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 07:00 AM)phyrrus9 Wrote: oh dear god no.....not that

You mean use GParted on Linux?

No, I mean use something like fdisk and carefully determining drive sectors. you may even need to simulate or backfill bad sectors. Data recovery with how much you've toyed with it this far is not going to be a GUI tool that you can click a few buttons. you're going to have to figure out what is fucked and what isnt and try to extract what isnt fucked or rebuild the bad stuff into a working drive.

I will try Sleepy2