chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord or the IRC.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list Group Situation
Author
For those of us on the outside, what's the group situation right now?

From an outsider perspective:
  • 1 active group - Otaku
  • 1 group that may be active but doesn't appear to be - Lunar
  • All other groups died - All of them

Are there any groups running smoothly behind the scenes? If you have a group that's dead, what can we do to get it running again?

I would love to see the group scene here take off.

RE: Group Situation #2
(02-08-2019, 03:16 AM)Guardian Wrote: For those of us on the outside, what's the group situation right now?

From an outsider perspective:
  • 1 active group - Otaku
  • 1 group that may be active but doesn't appear to be - Lunar
  • All other groups died - All of them

Are there any groups running smoothly behind the scenes? If you have a group that's dead, what can we do to get it running again?

I would love to see the group scene here take off.

I only know the group Otaku is still active in the anime section. Since I been a member right. I have not seen much action of the other groups.
My IT skills that I know perfect is SQL, HTML ,css ,wordpress, PHP.
coding skills that I know is Java, JavaScript and C#

[+] 1 user Likes darkninja1980's post

RE: Group Situation #3
Quote:If you have a group that's dead, what can we do to get it running again?

Group activity (or lack of), has been "the" Issue with the majority. Activity plays a partial role- keeping It on a "consistent level", Is what needs to be addressed.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

[+] 1 user Likes mothered's post

RE: Group Situation #4
Wanna increase traffic?
Leak DBs, Crack Software, Hack Rival Forums.

I can't offer much since i'm nowhere near being good at cracking/hacking.
But if the more experienced users of the forum were to form a group and actively work on projects, I think that would affect this forum positively.

RE: Group Situation #5
(02-09-2019, 10:27 AM)Zador Wrote: Leak DBs, Crack Software, Hack Rival Forums.

That's also inviting a war with those rival forums. I've seen that in the past, and cost people a lot of money and the forums ended up closing. Not worth it.

I'm also white-hat.

RE: Group Situation #6
(02-09-2019, 05:56 PM)Guardian Wrote: That's also inviting a war with those rival forums. I've seen that in the past, and cost people a lot of money and the forums ended up closing. Not worth it.

I'm also white-hat.

Other 2 still stand. And hacking wars can be entertaining.
Welp, White-Hat methods could just be marketing, ads, etc. . .

RE: Group Situation #7
I am not in any kind of group yet, so I guess it will be interesting to know about how sinisterly's groups looks like for a new member.
Otaku:
The only "sensible" group out there. It looks interesting, active and has minimum joining requirements.
Problems:
-Lack of discussion about seasonal animes. No offense but key users in this group like Jiggly and Oni are binge watchers which explains the lack of disc. around on-going animes.
-I will certainly like to see some official anime reviews by Otaku group.

Lunar:
Looks active? Eh, maybe?
Interesting? Eh, maybe?
Joining requirements? Bizarre. Atleast for 95% of users.
Problems:
-Insane joining requirements.
-It's base topic is vague.
-It doesn't support gaming or programming. But at first glance, it looks like a programming group only.
-It's recruitment thread is not informing about the benefits of them. Low incentives for interested users.
-Lunar seriously needs a re-branding or something to fix up it's apperance.

IDE
IDE, imho, looks like an interesting group when considering the topics covered by them.
Problems:
-Low Activity?
-I haven't seen any major softwares or code discussions conducted by them.
-Last post on their recruitment thread was 2 years back.

Intrepid
Their user bar is sick. But various problems are plaguing them.
Problems:
-Group thread is vague. I guess its based on hiking and survival sports but it will be better to make it a bit more informative.
-Can't say for sure but the group looks inactive.
-Invite only group. So can't see much interest from the new users joining sinisterly.

I guess it will be better to scrape down some of the existing groups or rebrand them for the community.
Spoiler:
These are completely my personal opinions.

[+] 1 user Likes -Isotope's post

RE: Group Situation #8
I'd like to see this scene develop more, but as @mothered said, activity is key.
[Image: 2WdVkmb.gif]

[+] 1 user Likes Химера's post

RE: Group Situation #9
Yeah groups are pretty dead. Otaku is still alive because it's pretty easy to have Anime as a passive interest of yours, whereas the programming groups that come and go tend to require more dedication out of their members. Pretty sure Lunar isn't active at all either, I applied for the group a while back and never so much as got a reply.

I've been very tempted in the past to buy a group just for the sake of having one, although I doubt @Oni would approve of me having a group to do nothing but fuck off with.
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2019, 04:36 AM by Nyx.)
Discord: Nyx#8048