chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library

Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord!

Good site to learn HTML and CSS for free? filter_list
Author
Good site to learn HTML and CSS for free? #1
Are there any good sites to learn HTML and CSS for FREE?
Would prefer a website where they make you code and you'll see the live example.
As long as you are living, you will face problems. But you serve a God who solves problems.

RE: Good site to learn HTML and CSS for free? #2
w3schools is very good for the basics.

RE: Good site to learn HTML and CSS for free? #3
You could give Codecademy a try, as much as I used to like this site back when it first started, if you can avoid looking at all the paid crap, it gives you an interactive environment where they teach you and you see your results.

RE: Good site to learn HTML and CSS for free? #4
(03-18-2020, 01:41 PM)VirtualFrost Wrote: You could give Codecademy a try, as much as I used to like this site back when it first started, if you can avoid looking at all the paid crap, it gives you an interactive environment where they teach you and you see your results.
I've already finished those HTML and CSS courses for free. But still I don't have the feeling it's enough even though I can make a pretty decent website right now.
As long as you are living, you will face problems. But you serve a God who solves problems.

RE: Good site to learn HTML and CSS for free? #5
If you're done with Codecademy. You can try doing projects on your own. I recommend the Live server plugin in VSCode to see updates live from your code. I also recommend you watch Dev Ed from Youtube for inspiration and tutorials.

The best way to learn is to build things imo.
[Image: dHJ4Beo.gif]
Hidden Lesson: Reactions are always instinctive whereas responses are always well thought of.

[+] 1 user Likes OversouL's post

RE: Good site to learn HTML and CSS for free? #6
(03-20-2020, 04:03 AM)Malcom Wrote: I've already finished those HTML and CSS courses for free. But still I don't have the feeling it's enough

What do you think you're lacking?
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

RE: Good site to learn HTML and CSS for free? #7
(03-20-2020, 05:06 AM)mothered Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 04:03 AM)Malcom Wrote: I've already finished those HTML and CSS courses for free. But still I don't have the feeling it's enough

Like I wouldnt know how to code an online store with payment gateways, to animate stuff on the website ( I need to learn JS for this I guess and I will start with it soon).. Like when it gets to connecting with servers and sending/receiving information is when I know nothing about it.

RE: Good site to learn HTML and CSS for free? #8
(03-20-2020, 11:36 AM)Malcom Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 05:06 AM)mothered Wrote:

Like I wouldnt know how to code an online store with payment gateways, to animate stuff on the website ( I need to learn JS for this  I guess and I will start with it soon).. Like when it gets to connecting with servers and sending/receiving information is when I know nothing about it.

As you've mentioned, JavaScript Is certainly needed.

In terms of the back-end, look Into PHP, C/C++ and Java. Pertaining to database manipulation, SQL Is a must.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]