Login Register

Gaming laptop filter_list
Author
Hello Sinister members,

I'm looking to get back into gaming and would like a gaming laptop. I just need a laptop that can run games without problems and also stream at same time. Any suggestions I'd appreciate it doesn't have to be crazy expensive just want to be able to run games without lag and stream at the same time. I'm planning on turning it into a little desktop just getting a monitor, keyboard and mouse for it. Thank you!

RE: Gaming laptop #2
What's your budget? Generally, the portability of a laptop will always cost a decent chunk more.
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Discord: Oni#6099
Telegram: oni_sl (Add)
Steam: Oni (Add)

RE: Gaming laptop #3
(09-13-2019, 04:07 AM)Oni Wrote: Generally, the portability of a laptop will always cost a decent chunk more.

This ^

Mine costed close to 3k, but the benchmark result speaks for Itself.
Spoiler:
[Image: v6QtNpm.png]

RE: Gaming laptop #4
If you're looking to stream and game off the same machine, you're going to need something decent. I would sincerely recommend an actual desktop PC over a laptop due to the sheer cost. You may also find that it will last longer - saving you further money in the long run, since many laptops are made pretty cheaply these days, unless you go top dollar.
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

RE: Gaming laptop #5
(09-13-2019, 11:46 AM)Jiggly Wrote: I would sincerely recommend an actual desktop PC over a laptop due to the sheer cost.

I'd say a high-end laptop with the same specs as a desktop, would be close to double the cost, particularly If you build the desktop yourself.

[+] 1 user Likes mothered's post

RE: Gaming laptop #6
I have a co worker who did a budget build for $600 and is running any games on any settings right now and showed me. I want a gaming laptop so when i'm at work i can bring it and play games. I'm not looking for the top end gaming laptop that would cost around $3k with that i can just build a pc. My sister has a MSI gaming laptop that's around $1k and i see her playing all the new games without any problems. I'm just looking for suggestions if you guys know a decent gaming laptop that would get me to play the new games without lag and would be able to stream.

RE: Gaming laptop #7
(09-13-2019, 12:13 PM)mothered Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 11:46 AM)Jiggly Wrote: I would sincerely recommend an actual desktop PC over a laptop due to the sheer cost.

I'd say a high-end laptop with the same specs as a desktop, would be close to double the cost, particularly If you build the desktop yourself.

This is very true.

(09-13-2019, 03:01 PM)bapexsupreme Wrote: I have a co worker who did a budget build for $600 and is running any games on any settings right now and showed me. I want a gaming laptop so when i'm at work i can bring it and play games. I'm not looking for the top end gaming laptop that would cost around $3k with that i can just build a pc. My sister has a MSI gaming laptop that's around $1k and i see her playing all the new games without any problems. I'm just looking for suggestions if you guys know a decent gaming laptop that would get me to play the new games without lag and would be able to stream.

Ok, how about a better question: What is your budget?
As you said before, you want to stream while also gaming. Streaming is a heavy task and you will need much better specs to be able to run both games and the stream. We could be talking a minimum of $1k. However, it also depends on what games you're looking to run. We wanted to make you aware, building a PC with good specs can cost even half the price of a laptop with equivalent specs.

There may be other portable options. You can build a smaller desktop PC not much larger than a gaming console - which can give you the portability without the excess cost of a laptop, and less concerns over overheating.

RE: Gaming laptop #8
(09-13-2019, 10:20 PM)Jiggly Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 12:13 PM)mothered Wrote:

This is very true.

(09-13-2019, 03:01 PM)bapexsupreme Wrote: I have a co worker who did a budget build for $600 and is running any games on any settings right now and showed me. I want a gaming laptop so when i'm at work i can bring  it and play games. I'm not looking for the top end gaming laptop that would cost around $3k with that i can just build a pc. My sister has a MSI gaming laptop that's around $1k and i see her playing all the new games without any problems. I'm just looking for suggestions if you guys know a decent gaming laptop that would get me to play the new games without lag and would be able to stream.

As you said before, you want to stream while also gaming. Streaming is a heavy task and you will need much better specs to be able to run both games and the stream. We could be talking a minimum of $1k. However, it also depends on what games you're looking to run. We wanted to make you aware, building a PC with good specs can cost even half the price of a laptop with equivalent specs.

There may be other portable options. You can build a smaller desktop PC not much larger than a gaming console - which can give you the portability without the excess cost of a laptop, and less concerns over overheating.

Budget would be anywhere from $800-1500. I've been looking at Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop PC? What do you guys think about that laptop?

RE: Gaming laptop #9
(09-13-2019, 10:23 PM)bapexsupreme Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 10:20 PM)Jiggly Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 12:13 PM)mothered Wrote: I'd say a high-end laptop with the same specs as a desktop, would be close to double the cost, particularly If you build the desktop yourself.

This is very true.

(09-13-2019, 03:01 PM)bapexsupreme Wrote: I have a co worker who did a budget build for $600 and is running any games on any settings right now and showed me. I want a gaming laptop so when i'm at work i can bring  it and play games. I'm not looking for the top end gaming laptop that would cost around $3k with that i can just build a pc. My sister has a MSI gaming laptop that's around $1k and i see her playing all the new games without any problems. I'm just looking for suggestions if you guys know a decent gaming laptop that would get me to play the new games without lag and would be able to stream.

Budget would be anywhere from $800-1500. I've been looking at Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop PC? What do you guys think about that laptop?

I can see that's been recommended by twitch streamers before. But as I've had no personal experience with it or any acer products, I'm curious to see what the others think.

I've used Alienware and Lenovo laptops before for gaming, but they can get a little pricey. There are some good deals out there for lenovo, though.

RE: Gaming laptop #10
(09-13-2019, 10:38 PM)Jiggly Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 10:23 PM)bapexsupreme Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 10:20 PM)Jiggly Wrote: This is very true.

I can see that's been recommended by twitch streamers before. But as I've had no personal experience with it or any acer products, I'm curious to see what the others think.

I've used Alienware and Lenovo laptops before for gaming, but they can get a little pricey. There are some good deals out there for lenovo, though.

Yeah reason why i brought the laptop up is because a lot of people have recommended it. Would like to see what others would say about it or if any other laptop is preferred over it.