chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

filter_list Game Development
Author
So am really interested in the creation of games like Player Unknown's Battlegrounds and was wondering what they used and what is the easiest way to learn to make games like this?
[Image: j44MzuT.png]

RE: Game Development #2
It was made using Unreal Engine 4 which in turn uses C++ if I am not wrong. The easiest way to learn to make games "like this" would be to start small and get better and better (start making snake, or something simple). Pubg is a multi million dollar title with hundreds of developers, it would be really hard to make, and with the amount of bugs it has had during its course, you can see that it is even hard for a company to make such a title.

[+] 1 user Likes Rikka Takanashi's post

RE: Game Development #3
(05-07-2018, 02:05 AM)Rikka Takanashi Wrote: It was made using Unreal Engine 4 which in turn uses C++ if I am not wrong. The easiest way to learn to make games "like this" would be to start small and get better and better (start making snake, or something simple). Pubg is a multi million dollar title with hundreds of developers, it would be really hard to make, and with the amount of bugs it has had during its course, you can see that it is even hard for a company to make such a title.

^ this

If you want to make a game that has some value (above simple games like snake, breakout, etc), you can make a really simple monster-hunter RPG-style game, similar to Pokemon. Me and Shinoa have a shitty one here: https://github.com/the-sushi/Chemistry-RPG
We used Python with PyGame for that; if you have the time, use C or something like Go (I had a due date and wanted to get through it fast, also it's pretty much the only language that Shinoa knows). This assumes you already have some experience with programming.

If you already have a lot of game development experience, then you should choose between using OpenGL or an Engine, write the networking protocol (P2P is a good idea, so you don't have to host anything, and you don't have server lag), and get a very basic multiplayer room set up, just move blocks or something. After you have that, add features, add shooting, picking up items (only add 1-4 example ones) etc. Aside from stuff like more items, graphics should ideally be last, with the game menu also coming late in development. PUBG uses pretty realistic graphics AFAIK, so you're gonna need to be *really* good at 3d modeling.

RE: Game Development #4
Okay thank you guys for the steps forward in the future. Smile
[Image: j44MzuT.png]

RE: Game Development #5
I've used Crytek before, and it is pretty easy to learn, though it has some disadvantages as well. It doesn't look as good as Unreal Engine (in general) + I heard things about that crouching was a real pain in the ass to make.

I'd recommend buying a Udemy course on Unreal Engine or Unity. Unreal Engine doesn't require a license, which makes it free to publish your games, you'll be paying a fee on profits only.
Apart from that, start with smaller, indie games where you can practice your skill. Most games like PUBG are worked on with entire teams, and even then, it can take years.

I wish you the best of luck though, keep in mind, if you want to create a full game. You'd have to know some coding, some graphics, some story-telling... You need a lot of skills at once if you want to succeed in that.
[Image: 5u8rTPk.jpg]
Click image to go to my website, it has been updated!