chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list Friends identity stolen
Author
Someone took all my friends pictures and made a fake facebook account but with her real name and everything. She's been living in isolation because of it. They're getting tons of likes and it's making her out to be a dumb party girl when realistically she's a very hard working student who doesn't deserve this. She says whoevers doing this is telling people "Adult" things. She's contacted the police but says they haven't done anything. She keeps taking down the pages but they keep putting them back up. Is there anything I can do to help this situation?

RE: Friends identity stolen #2
(12-31-2016, 12:02 PM)UmmNo? Wrote: Someone took all my friends pictures and made a fake facebook account but with her real name and everything.  She's been living in isolation because of it. They're getting tons of likes and it's making her out to be a dumb party girl when realistically she's a very hard working student who doesn't deserve this. She says whoevers doing this is telling people "Adult" things.  She's contacted the  police but says they haven't done anything. She keeps taking down the pages but they keep putting them back up. Is there anything I can do to help this situation?

Your friend should report the account for "impersonating". Facebook will then request the person for ID, if the person doesn't have the ID, their account will be terminared
[Image: 9H83e18.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Pikami's post

RE: Friends identity stolen #3
There are a few things you can do.

1: File a complaint by the police for stalking. Make sure they open an investigation.
2: Tell Facebook the story you told here. They might be able to blacklist the IP for the person setting this up/logging in to the fake accounts.
3: You can setup an account yourself, try to go along with the "Adult" chatter, try setting up a meeting with the person IRL. See what you want/can do from there. You can either confront the person showing up or try to identificate who they are by following them. If you know the address of the perpetrator you can TAP his data with WireShark. That gives you leverage.
4. Make a list with all persons the victim had beef with. There is a chance the victim has been "bullied" before by the perpetrator(s) in real life. This might give you a good idea who's doing this.
[Image: 5u8rTPk.jpg]
Click image to go to my website, it has been updated!

RE: Friends identity stolen #4
In my opinion there's nothing you can do,just ignore him he'll get bored.

RE: Friends identity stolen #5
Hence the risk of publicizing the real name, Image etc on social media and the like.

I realize the majority of users utilize Facebook as a gateway of communication between family, friends and loved ones, but In my views, It's not worth It. That's what private messaging Is there for, or simply email transmissions. Take @Bish0pQ's post under advisement, there's some very valid points.

RE: Friends identity stolen #6
and here we see the problems of facebook and exposing your life on the internet.

report the profile for impersonation, and try finding out who is the person that does this, and do the same to him/her. there's nothing much that you can do.

RE: Friends identity stolen #7
I can find the person who done did this horrible crime and subject them to punishment for a fee.