chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list Does this not sound absolutely amazing?
Author
RE: Does this not sound absolutely amazing? #21
(10-16-2017, 07:19 AM)phyrrus9 Wrote: Just the feeling of having to be in constant control of what ratio you're in, holding your speed until the last moment and then making the brakes glow before the turn (ceramics, so its safe), actually keeping a racing line and being either mid or left side for most of it, and paying very close attention to your suspension. All of that just gives you a type of thrill that you just can't experience by driving fast alone, it's the concept of if you fuck up you probably won't survive.

That's where knowing you car's capabilities, strengths & weaknesses, the road's surface, and then putting It all Into practice accordingly makes all the difference. It's like jumping Into a friends car, having no clue how It handles and what It's capable of, and then driving It In the manner you've mentioned.

Judging by what you've said, It sounds like a lot of fun. Perhaps somewhat scary (In some parts), but overall a good way to spend a Friday night.

RE: Does this not sound absolutely amazing? #22
(10-16-2017, 10:55 AM)mothered Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 07:19 AM)phyrrus9 Wrote: Just the feeling of having to be in constant control of what ratio you're in, holding your speed until the last moment and then making the brakes glow before the turn (ceramics, so its safe), actually keeping a racing line and being either mid or left side for most of it, and paying very close attention to your suspension. All of that just gives you a type of thrill that you just can't experience by driving fast alone, it's the concept of if you fuck up you probably won't survive.

That's where knowing you car's capabilities, strengths & weaknesses, the road's surface, and then putting It all Into practice accordingly makes all the difference. It's like jumping Into a friends car, having no clue how It handles and what It's capable of, and then driving It In the manner you've mentioned.

Judging by what you've said, It sounds like a lot of fun. Perhaps somewhat scary (In some parts), but overall a good way to spend a Friday night.

And $200 in leaded gasoline (that shit's like $13 a gallon now...)
I will keep that list up to date at all times. Check often for new materials!

RE: Does this not sound absolutely amazing? #23
(10-16-2017, 10:58 AM)phyrrus9 Wrote: And $200 in leaded gasoline (that shit's like $13 a gallon now...)

Goodness, that's so expensive.

In my locality we go by liters. I've worked It out In gallons, and we pay (depending where we fill up) $4.95 a gallon.

RE: Does this not sound absolutely amazing? #24
(10-16-2017, 11:36 AM)mothered Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 10:58 AM)phyrrus9 Wrote: And $200 in leaded gasoline (that shit's like $13 a gallon now...)

Goodness, that's so expensive.

In my locality we go by liters. I've worked It out In gallons, and we pay (depending where we fill up) $4.95 a gallon.

I think most of the world has made it illegal to run leaded gasoline in street cars, so my guess is that what you're getting is either unleaded gasoline or E-10. E10 being more common in the US, about $2.50-2.75/gal, and regular unleaded being about $3.50
I will keep that list up to date at all times. Check often for new materials!