chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
The Discord has been disabled - read about it here, check out our IRC here, and if you're upgraded check here.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list Diagnoses?
Author
I haven't been diagnosed with anything, but I almost had hemorrhoids(too much pizza) so that was painful. Thank god I'm now healthy now

[+] 1 user Likes SuperNinja-chan's post

RE: Diagnoses? #42
(10-17-2018, 07:45 AM)Ender Wrote:
(10-16-2018, 03:50 AM)Jiggly Wrote: As a lucky individual who has not had to be prescribed medication that's been listed in this thread, the meds seem rather daunting. I was taught a lot in school about all kinds of medication and benefits and risks of each, and I imagine some of these must be hard to take. I've certainly had relatives and friends who found side effects or changes in medicine challenging. How do you guys navigate those issues? Or have you found the meds you're on, easy to live with?

Mine have mostly been fine, but they screw with my appetite. Regardless of what and when I eat, I won't be hungry for most of the day, but at some seemingly random time, I'll become extremely hungry instead of having a gradual increase in hunger. (Even if I've just recently eaten)

Oh that's interesting, and sounds kinda confusing. Do you still force yourself to follow a pattern with eating or just eat when you are hungry? I've had some friends who would not eat for like 12 hours and then want a feast when the hunger did hit them XD
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

RE: Diagnoses? #43
(10-17-2018, 04:51 AM)mothered Wrote:
(10-17-2018, 01:11 AM)Strait McCool Wrote: Narcolepsy, but I  honestly have never considered it a negative.  I was quite thrilled when I got it because I was in denial for a while before.  It was a relief more than anything.

That's great to read.

As a general statement, I believe the first step In the right direction, Is acknowledging your Illness and being open and upfront about It thereafter. It significantly helps your coping mechanism and (depending on It's nature) the healing process.

Yeah we love to question things so when we actually get answers, it's always worth it. Sometimes it takes longer than expected to process, but once it happens it's rewarding.

RE: Diagnoses? #44
(10-17-2018, 06:47 PM)Strait McCool Wrote:
(10-17-2018, 04:51 AM)mothered Wrote:
(10-17-2018, 01:11 AM)Strait McCool Wrote: Narcolepsy, but I  honestly have never considered it a negative.  I was quite thrilled when I got it because I was in denial for a while before.  It was a relief more than anything.

That's great to read.

As a general statement, I believe the first step In the right direction, Is acknowledging your Illness and being open and upfront about It thereafter. It significantly helps your coping mechanism and (depending on It's nature) the healing process.

Yeah we love to question things so when we actually get answers, it's always worth it.  Sometimes it takes longer than expected to process, but once it happens it's rewarding.

I definitely agree.

It can be quite stressful going from one doctor to another trying to establish a diagnosis. Once found, treatment Is welcomed with open arms.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

RE: Diagnoses? #45
(10-17-2018, 06:31 PM)Jiggly Wrote:
(10-16-2018, 03:50 AM)Jiggly Wrote: As a lucky individual who has not had to be prescribed medication that's been listed in this thread, the meds seem rather daunting. I was taught a lot in school about all kinds of medication and benefits and risks of each, and I imagine some of these must be hard to take. I've certainly had relatives and friends who found side effects or changes in medicine challenging. How do you guys navigate those issues? Or have you found the meds you're on, easy to live with?

Mine have mostly been fine, but they screw with my appetite. Regardless of what and when I eat, I won't be hungry for most of the day, but at some seemingly random time, I'll become extremely hungry instead of having a gradual increase in hunger. (Even if I've just recently eaten)

Oh that's interesting, and sounds kinda confusing. Do you still force yourself to follow a pattern with eating or just eat when you are hungry? I've had some friends who would not eat for like 12 hours and then want a feast when the hunger did hit them XD

Sometimes I'll chew on any food (including myself...) because it provides sensory stimulation and not really for hunger. I end up eating in a pattern because I don't live alone, so one of my parents will usually tell me to eat.
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2018, 04:10 AM by Ender.)

(11-02-2018, 02:51 AM)Skullmeat Wrote: Ok, there no real practical reason for doing this, but that's never stopped me.

[Image: mmK6Zjs.png]

Programmers.

[+] 1 user Likes Ender's post

RE: Diagnoses? #46

I've noticed with Modafinil it's the same case. I literally do not feel hungry at all until late afternoon. I force my food down simply because I'm bulking and I can't risk compromising my training. It's a weird feeling because I can usually eat all day and still have room for more lol.
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2018, 09:59 PM by Strait McCool.)

[+] 1 user Likes Strait McCool's post