chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list Diagnoses?
Author
(10-15-2018, 08:07 AM)Ender Wrote: Autism (Level 1, although sometimes it gets bad enough that I wonder if I'm really level 2) and Major Depressive Disorder are the main ones.  (There are other things like OCD, social phobia, and so on, but those are just symptoms of autism.
(The single most annoying is probably all the sensory overload / misophonia, from Sensory Processing Disorder, which effects around 75% of individuals with ASD IIRC).

I've also been diagnosed with Unspecified Depressive Disorder, but that doesn't make sense considering Major Depressive Disorder is contradictory to it (different psychologists).  I suspect a few other things, probably the most interesting being Aphantasia, which isn't in the DSM/ICD, but is interesting.  However, essentially everything seems to stem from the autism.

If I may ask, what type of meds are you taking and do they help? It's a personal question, and I fully understand If you decline to answer.

I'm quite familiar with a lot pf prescription medicines, Inclusive of their strength & dosage.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

RE: Diagnoses? #32
(10-15-2018, 08:07 AM)Ender Wrote: Autism (Level 1, although sometimes it gets bad enough that I wonder if I'm really level 2) and Major Depressive Disorder are the main ones. (There are other things like OCD, social phobia, and so on, but those are just symptoms of autism.
(The single most annoying is probably all the sensory overload / misophonia, from Sensory Processing Disorder, which effects around 75% of individuals with ASD IIRC).

I've also been diagnosed with Unspecified Depressive Disorder, but that doesn't make sense considering Major Depressive Disorder is contradictory to it (different psychologists). I suspect a few other things, probably the most interesting being Aphantasia, which isn't in the DSM/ICD, but is interesting. However, essentially everything seems to stem from the autism.

(10-15-2018, 06:25 AM)Yuji Wrote: There seems to be a lot of people in the world that have illness that they can't treat or don't want to. I wonder why, maybe they enjoy it? Or do people just don't know how to get help?
Sometimes it's not knowing that they have a disorder. However, sometimes there are up-sides, or people simply don't want to treat it because they feel it is a part of them. Or it's just impossible to treat.
This sounds a lot like me xD
Past Feats
Yubikey 40$
Audio-technica 80$
aTTo 100$
keylogger 60$

Bronze 7. October 2018
Silver 12. October 2018

[+] 1 user Likes oxnan's post

RE: Diagnoses? #33
(10-15-2018, 10:30 AM)mothered Wrote:
(10-15-2018, 08:07 AM)Ender Wrote: Autism (Level 1, although sometimes it gets bad enough that I wonder if I'm really level 2) and Major Depressive Disorder are the main ones.  (There are other things like OCD, social phobia, and so on, but those are just symptoms of autism.

I've also been diagnosed with Unspecified Depressive Disorder, but that doesn't make sense considering Major Depressive Disorder is contradictory to it (different psychologists).  I suspect a few other things, probably the most interesting being Aphantasia, which isn't in the DSM/ICD, but is interesting.  However, essentially everything seems to stem from the autism.

If I may ask, what type of meds are you taking and do they help?  It's a personal question, and I fully understand If you decline to answer.

I'm quite familiar with a lot pf prescription medicines, Inclusive of their strength & dosage.

I've been taking Lexapro for depression (and it's supposed to help with OCD as well, which it seems to do mildly), and it's been working pretty well. I tried Gabapentin for meltdowns and overload, but it did absolutely nothing.
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2018, 06:29 PM by Ender.)

RE: Diagnoses? #34
(10-15-2018, 06:27 PM)Ender Wrote:
(10-15-2018, 10:30 AM)mothered Wrote:

If I may ask, what type of meds are you taking and do they help?  It's a personal question, and I fully understand If you decline to answer.

I've been taking Lexapro for depression (and it's supposed to help with OCD as well, which it seems to do mildly), and it's been working pretty well. I tried Gabapentin for meltdowns and overload, but it did absolutely nothing.

I know of Lexapro (Aka- Cipralex, Escitalopram) and It works quite well with the majority of patients. I haven't come across Gabapentin though.

Thanks for sharing the Info, and It's good to read It's serving your condition well.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

RE: Diagnoses? #35
As a lucky individual who has not had to be prescribed medication that's been listed in this thread, the meds seem rather daunting. I was taught a lot in school about all kinds of medication and benefits and risks of each, and I imagine some of these must be hard to take. I've certainly had relatives and friends who found side effects or changes in medicine challenging. How do you guys navigate those issues? Or have you found the meds you're on, easy to live with?
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

RE: Diagnoses? #36
Full fledged social anxiety. Nothing too crazy but it prohibited me to even leave the house for 2+ years. Now it's a work in progress

RE: Diagnoses? #37
Narcolepsy, but I honestly have never considered it a negative. I was quite thrilled when I got it because I was in denial for a while before. It was a relief more than anything.