chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

filter_list Automate a process using a gmail
Author
In this tutorial i will explain a simple process to automate a site content. This is a old trick that relays on a feature of gmail, the filters. Basically what a user have to do is signup by email to a news site or use any site that delivers emails and forward them to a site email. This works great with wordpress instalations.

To activate this feature, navigate on wordpress interface to My Blogs and select to activate a wordpress email. From gmail you will have to send a confirmation email and on wordpress front page confirm the forward. Depending on the criteria setup on the filter, you can forward part of emails or forward all of them.

This will create a automated proccess and will deliver fresh content regulary without user interaction. In some services it doesn't allow to link directly to the @post.wordpress.com email and using filters is a good way to circunvent this.

Note: This will always open the question about security because the emails always deliver the unsubscribe link and any visitor can make you a prank by clicking on the link. So, this process is best used in a close circle with only some people have access to it.
[Image: ue1EEl9.gif]

RE: Automate a process using a gmail #2
This sounds very familiar.

I've read something similar years ago during my travels on the net, but didn't get around to It. Does It work on Blogger?
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

RE: Automate a process using a gmail #3
Thanks for the share but, I'm not much of a WP fan haha.
[Image: qPI5ctk.jpg]
Twitter // Mimi // Mimi#1000

RE: Automate a process using a gmail #4
(07-10-2018, 03:42 PM)mothered Wrote: This sounds very familiar.

I've read something similar years ago during my travels on the net, but didn't get around to It. Does It work on Blogger?

Yes, it does. I deploy a few days ago in a bunch of Blogger sites that i posted here, then i screw them up using the "Complain Tool V2" to test if they where bullet proof. Answer: They aren't. (I have removed the links)
[Image: ue1EEl9.gif]

RE: Automate a process using a gmail #5
(07-10-2018, 06:43 PM)hacxx Wrote:
(07-10-2018, 03:42 PM)mothered Wrote: This sounds very familiar.

Yes, it does. I deploy a few days ago in a bunch of Blogger sites that i posted here, then i screw them up using the "Complain Tool V2" to test if they where bullet proof. Answer: They aren't. (I have removed the links)

It's good to know It works with Blogger.

Not that this Is an arduous task, but I'm very proficient with the Blogger platform so It suits me fine.
Thanks for elaborating and of course, the contribution.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]