Login Register

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Amazon advance refund filter_list
Author
I managed to convince Amazon to issue an advance refund ($620) on a return. My original idea was to dry ice box them but now sitting here wondering what would happen is I just didn't send back the item. The return Shipping label says to return by Feb 1st, but in my order history there's no sign of a return in progress. What are the chances of it them realizing that I didn't send back the item? My other idea was to contact them and say that I no longer want to return the item in hope of them canceling the return but not charging me back for the item.

Are any of these a good idea or should I just send a good ol box of dry ice and call it a day?

RE: Amazon advance refund #2
Quote:The return Shipping label says to return by Feb 1st, but in my order history there's no sign of a return in progress.
Their Internal records (work In progress/processing claims) will not show up In your order history.

Quote:What are the chances of it them realizing that I didn't send back the item?
Although they're Inundated with orders due to the festive season, given that every claim Is kept on record, there's every chance that they will follow up on your return.

Quote:Are any of these a good idea or should I just send a good ol box of dry ice and call it a day?
What's the Item, Inclusive of Its weight & dimensions?

Also, what was your reason for the return?

[+] 1 user Likes mothered's post

RE: Amazon advance refund #3
(12-24-2020, 09:08 AM)mothered Wrote:
Quote:Are any of these a good idea or should I just send a good ol box of dry ice and call it a day?
What's the Item, Inclusive of Its weight & dimensions?

Also, what was your reason for the return?

It's a VR headset. 4.5lbs and a bit bigger than a shoe box. The reason for refund is that its "broken".

RE: Amazon advance refund #4
There’s you getting an advance refund and there’s me waiting 10 days and they still tell me “please wait 3 days as someone will contact you”

On a separate note, I managed to get an advance refund one point for shorts worth £45 - then when I got the email saying that my item is expected to be return, I contacted them claiming that I had sent it back already and that I was “confused” why I was getting this email when I already got my refund from “sending it back” The agent told me that it’s an automatic system message and that they will cancel it for me and not to worry about it.

Hope that gives some form of insight as to how mine worked, maybe something similar to yours, although I guess they will be more “careful” with yours due to the value?

Edit:
So maybe you could wait till you get that email and then contact them saying something similar? Then judging by what they reply with, you could then decide on what next to do?
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2020, 04:19 PM by ElieMK.)

[+] 1 user Likes ElieMK's post

RE: Amazon advance refund #5
(12-24-2020, 04:04 PM)thebibleman Wrote: It's a VR headset. 4.5lbs and a bit bigger than a shoe box.
I thought It was a lot lighter.

Is that the actual "Item weight?".

RE: Amazon advance refund #6
(12-25-2020, 02:51 AM)mothered Wrote: I thought It was a lot lighter.

That's the item in its packaging with all accessories.

RE: Amazon advance refund #7
(12-26-2020, 04:55 PM)thebibleman Wrote:

Thanks for confirming It.

If you're planning to box them using dry Ice, be sure to calculate the amount of time that 2Kg takes to sublimate from the collection point, right through to arriving at Its destination.

[+] 1 user Likes mothered's post

RE: Amazon advance refund #8
(12-27-2020, 01:55 AM)mothered Wrote:
(12-26-2020, 04:55 PM)thebibleman Wrote:

Thanks for confirming It.

If you're planning to box them using dry Ice, be sure to calculate the amount of time that 2Kg takes to sublimate from the collection point, right through to arriving at Its destination.

Thanks, I did a trail run already since it's my first time boxing with dry ice and it took about 18 hours. My plan is to drop it off an Saturday a before closing since the post office is closed on Sundays. That should give me more than enough time. Do you have any tips on making the box look like it was tampered with?

RE: Amazon advance refund #9
(12-27-2020, 05:03 PM)thebibleman Wrote: Thanks, I did a trail run already since it's my first time boxing with dry ice and it took about 18 hours. My plan is to drop it off an Saturday a before closing since the post office is closed on Sundays. That should give me more than enough time. Do you have any tips on making the box look like it was tampered with?
Good approach and very well planned.

In terms of giving the appearance of tampering, be sure to cut the box a little bit bigger than the Item, and seal It with different colored tape. Though, don't make It too obvious- you don't want It Immediately noticed at the collection point. Also, do It on the underside of the box. It's less likely that someone will flip It around and check It when there's no reason to do so.