chevron_left chevron_right
Login Register invert_colors photo_library

Stay updated and chat with others! - Join the Discord!

2019 UK General Election filter_list
Author
2019 UK General Election

[Image: 3322e996d46b4e3dbbe870b997737b4c_18.jpg]

I'm sure most of you will have heard about the major political conversations going on in the United Kingdom for the last few years, namely, Brexit. Today the polling stations are open for yet another general election. The previous election was just 2.5 years ago in June 2017, with the Brexit referendum occurring just the year before in 2016, and another election having occurred just the year before that, in 2015. Let's also not forget the Scottish referendum in 2014. Normally, UK General Elections are held once every 5 years, then parliament automatically dissolves for the new election. This current election has come early, under the Early Parliamentary General Election Act 2019.

The last 5 years have seen a great number of polls, referendums and elections, not unnoticed by the rest of the world.

As a British citizen, I will of course be voting today, but I am very curious to hear the thoughts from SLs international spread of members. What do you think?
[Image: 4GNsK67.png]

RE: 2019 UK General Election #2
Hope the exit comes swift and smooth.
[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]

Discord: Oni#6099
Steam: Oni | SL (Add)

RE: 2019 UK General Election #3
I'd vote for two of the finest.
Spoiler:
[Image: BEdmSyz.png]

Jokes aside, without any knowledge of their electoral campaign, It's somewhat difficult to voice my opinion.
[Image: AD83g1A.png]

RE: 2019 UK General Election #4
(12-12-2019, 01:46 PM)mothered Wrote: I'd vote for two of the finest.
Spoiler:
[Image: BEdmSyz.png]

Jokes aside, without any knowledge of their electoral campaign, It's somewhat difficult to voice my opinion.

That's a pretty good joke, though. XD

[+] 1 user Likes Jiggly-chan's post

RE: 2019 UK General Election #5
Totally retarded on a country that still has a queen and 1000 princes...

RE: 2019 UK General Election #6
(01-28-2020, 03:48 AM)Gitzer Wrote: Totally retarded on a country that still has a queen and 1000 princes...

A royal family that bring in literal billions a year for existing (keep in mind other European nation's still have their empty castles and don't bring that in from tourism) and the royalty generally have little to no impact on politics.

RE: 2019 UK General Election #7
(01-28-2020, 03:48 AM)Gitzer Wrote: Totally retarded on a country that still has a queen and 1000 princes...

Keep calm dude
-- Coding is like playing with nature, ignorance is my worst enemy, who will blame us when the BSOD start's? --

[+] 1 user Likes sybylroot's post

RE: 2019 UK General Election #8
(02-11-2020, 08:09 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

A royal family that bring in literal billions a year for existing (keep in mind other European nation's still have their empty castles and don't bring that in from tourism) and the royalty generally have little to no impact on politics.

That's a load of BS! The queen doesn't influence politics the same way the pope doesn't influence religion. I'm always surprise that England a country which such broad liberal views still embraces Victorian thinking.

RE: 2019 UK General Election #9
(02-11-2020, 09:11 PM)Gitzer Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 08:09 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

That's a load of BS! The queen doesn't influence politics the same way the pope doesn't influence religion. I'm always surprise that England a country which such broad liberal views still embraces Victorian thinking.

Interesting how you call that BS and claim we retain Victorian thinking. I'll let you think what you want to think. To each their own xD

[+] 1 user Likes Jiggly-chan's post